Saturday, January 23, 2010

Snookie Goes to Bollywood

The confirmation email came in ca. midnight on Monday. Frantic, my friend RKR--he's been drumming in NY for a few years, but you can never really take St John, NB out of the boy--ran down to a mutual friend's: "my audition tomorrow is for Lady Gaga's touring band! Do you have anything cool I can wear... like something [Uncle Dorvid] would wear?" "What's a lady gaga?" our friend asked, before remembering he'd misplaced a shirt I had sent to his place (to save on shipping) a few months earlier. Sure enough, it turned up at the bottom of his closet, and RKR wore it throughout the 3-minute audition. Gags went with someone else, but we are all the better for it.

Another friend made the bold decision to quit a law firm gig to write children's books full-time, which is way cool but maybe not quite as cool as a dude a fourth friend met. "VICTORY!" he exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air and ordering everyone to join him for a victory shot. He had just won an extended cellphone argument with his gf about whether her new male friend liked her. "I'm not the kind of guy to get jealous," he explained, "I mean, look at me: I'm a champ."

And, last but not least, Pizza Snack! I have no idea what the deal is, but I love it.

1 comment:

  1. When you say pizza, do you mean the kind that we eat, or the kind that we wear?
    When you say wear a new outfit, do mean the kind that we eat, or the kind that we wear?
    Depending on the answer, I would totally adjust my preference; pepperoni vs. mushroom. or hawaiin (sic). I can never decide!!!

    ReplyDelete